School & District Policies
- All Salt Lake City School District Policies can be found here.
Student Check-in to School
- Students learning to manage time to meet their responsibilities is an important goal in high school. On occasion a student may arrive at school late. If this happens, students must check-in with the Attendance Office. The secretaries will excuse the absence/tardy with a note from a parent/guardian, orthodontist, dentist, doctor, etc. If a student does not have a note, that tardy or absence will not be excused. Only tardies that occur when a student arrives at school for the day or following an appropriate check-out can be excused.
- A tardy of 15 minutes or more will be marked as an absence.
Student Check-out of School
- Students who have a shortened schedule will be required to check in and out at the office every day.
Parent Check-out Student Procedures
- Please go to the attendance/main office to check your student out of school early. Please allow ten minutes for the checkout process.
- Students are not excused from school and may not leave campus unless their reason for leaving is verified by office staff in person by the parent/guardian or person listed as the student’s emergency contact(s). Parents/guardians will need to sign students out in the checkout log. Your student will not be released to ANY person NOT listed, and ANY person picking up the student will need to present a photo ID (i.e. driver’s license).
- Unless there is an urgent reason, parents/guardians are encouraged to make appointments for medical or dental work, music or dance lessons, and/or family vacations at hours which do not conflict with normal school time.